NOTRE DAME PREPARATORY
ATTENDANCE POLICIES AT A GLANCE
If your student will be absent, require a late arrival or require an early release, please fill out and submit the ATTENDANCE FORM.
- There is no longer an Attendance Office. Please use the Attendance Form for all attendance related issues or contact Dean White with any questions about your student's attendance.
- Students may NOT complete the Attendance Form. It must be completed by a guardian or parent, no matter if the student is 18 years old.
If your student needs to leave school early or will be arriving late to school for any reason:
1) The Attendance Form must be submitted as soon as possible as students will be escorted to the office or to their car by security or Dean White for safety and security purposes. Students will not be permitted to leave their class otherwise.
2) If the student needs to leave for a medical reason, he/she must provide a medical note to school upon return from his/her doctor/dentist on the doctor’s letterhead. This can be an email or scan from the doctor's office. Until a note is provided, the absence will not be medically excused.
3) If anyone other than a parent or guardian is picking up a student from school early, the school must have that person listed as an emergency contact or written permission from the parent or guardian for another person to pick up their child, even if the other person is a relative.
4) Students may not leave school early with other students, other students’ parents, or anyone else without written permission from a student’s parent or guardian.
5) If students are ill, they should go to the nurse. Students should not call their parents to come to school and pick them up.
6) Students must report to campus by 9:50 am. Students will not be allowed on campus after that time.
7) If a student leaves campus for any reason, he or she will not be allowed to return for the remainder of the day.
If you know ahead of time your student will miss school for any reason, parents must fill out the Attendance Form and submit it at least two school days prior to the student’s absence.
For more information on attendance, please see the NDP 2020-21 Student/Parent Handbook.