NOTRE DAME PREPARATORY
ATTENDANCE POLICIES AT A GLANCE
If your student will be absent, require a late arrival or require an early release, please fill out and submit the ATTENDANCE FORM.
If you have questions:
ATTENDANCE OFFICE – email@example.com
Cindi Buckner - (480) 634-8207
FAX – (480) 634-8299
Students may NOT complete the Attendance Form. It must be completed by a guardian or parent, no matter if the student is 18 years old.
If a student is absent due to a medical reason, parents have 48 hours to turn in the doctor's note. Filling out the attendance form does NOT excuse your student, it just informs us that they will not be at school that day.
If your student needs to leave school early or will be arriving late to school for any reason:
- The Attendance Form must be submitted as soon as possible. For safety and security purposes. Students will not be permitted to leave their class otherwise.
- If the student needs to leave for a medical reason, he/she must provide a medical note to school upon return from his/her doctor/dentist on the doctor’s letterhead. This can be an email or scan from the doctor's office. Until a note is provided, the absence will not be medically excused.
- If anyone other than a parent or guardian is picking up a student from school early, the school must have that person listed as an emergency contact or written permission from the parent or guardian for another person to pick up their child, even if the other person is a relative.
- Students may not leave school early with other students, other students’ parents, or anyone else without written permission from a student’s parent or guardian.
- If students are ill, they should go to the nurse. Students should not call their parents to come to school and pick them up, only the nurse is permitted to do that.
For more information on attendance, please see the NDP Student/Parent Handbook.
If you know ahead of time your student will miss school for any reason, parents must fill out the Attendance Form and submit it at least two school days prior to the student’s absence.