News & Events
STUDENT PARKING, DROP OFF and PICK UP
In the spirit of student safety, we ask that all students and parents adhere to the following guidelines to ensure the most efficient, convenient and most importantly, safest transit for all.
Student Parking on Campus
Seniors have been assigned personal parking spaces in the North lot, adjacent to Bemis Field. All Seniors must park in their assigned space. Sophomores and Juniors are permitted to park in the South lot off of the loop road in their assigned spaces. ALL STUDENT DRIVERS MUST ENTER CAMPUS AT THE NORTH ENTRANCE. Students still in need of a parking pass should see Mrs. Marrs in the attendance office. Depending on the lot you park in, you must exit campus in a specific direction. Those students who park in the North Lot (Seniors) will exit to the left (north) into one-way traffic. Please be cognizant of the fact you are merging into traffic from the student pick-up area. Students who park in the South Lot must exit to the right (south) where traffic flows two ways.
Morning Drop-off (Loop Road):
Freshmen parents are asked to use the loop road for drop off. Traffic flows two ways in the morning. Parents dropping off students should continue to enter through the south entrance (just south of the baseball field). When dropping off students, please pull as far forward as possible. However, once you have pulled all the way forward and traffic has stopped next to the sidewalk, please have your student disembark. This should allow us to empty about 20 cars at a time and move the next set of vehicles through. When you exit, please turn right onto 98th Street to expedite the flow of traffic.
Freshman Afternoon Pickup (Loop Road):
PICK UP TRAFFIC is typically very busy between 2:40 – 3:00. HOWEVER, there is virtually no congestion beginning at 3:10. All afternoon pick-up traffic for Freshmen must enter through the south entrance and all students should be picked up from the sidewalk area. Please pull as far forward as possible to pick up your student. Once you have picked up your student from the sidewalk area, you may exit in the left lane as traffic flows one way from the sidewalk area to the north exit. Be aware that the north student lot also exits to this direction, so there may be some merging traffic as you exit. IMPORTANT SAFETY NOTE: THE LOOP DOES NOT BECOME ONE-WAY UNTIL YOU CLEAR THE SOUTH SOPHOMORE/JUNIOR LOT.
DROP OFF and PICK UP (North and South of Gym):
Sophomore, Junior and Senior parents should use the lots to the South and North of the gym for drop off and pick up. We ask that families with last names A – L use the lot NORTH of the gym and last names M –Z use the lot SOUTH of the gym. Flow for pick up and drop off with be the same in these areas.
Reminders and tips:
· 98th Street is labeled "No Parking" and is a two-lane road. You can be ticketed for parking and dropping students off on 98th Street.
· These parking rules also apply to Paradise Lane directly across from the entrance of school.
· Students should only be picked up from the sidewalk area. Dropping students off in any other area creates an unsafe environment for all as they must cross moving traffic to get on campus.
· PICKUP TRAFFIC is typically very busy between 2:40 – 3:00. However, there is virtually no congestion beginning at 3:10. It is highly encouraged to wait 20 minutes after students are dismissed to pick them up. Teachers are available for extra help until 3:30 and the new ACE (Academic Center for Excellence) is a perfect place to begin the night's homework.
· ABSOLUTELY NO ONE CAN USE THE TURN AROUND AT WINDGATE RANCH AND HORSEMAN'S PARK FOR DROP OFF OR PICK UP. PLEASE BE COURTEOUS TO OUR NEIGHBORS.