Seniors! Please read each section of this page carefully so that you know what you will need to do to prepare for the Baccalaureate Mass and Graduation.
Congratulations to the parents and seniors of the class of 2018!
Baccalaureate Mass and Graduation practice
Monday, May 14, at NDP Gym; 1:00 – 2:45 p.m. (or until we are done)
-Baccalaureate Mass Practice
Tuesday, May 15, at St. Bernard of Clairvaux Catholic Church; 1:00 – 2:30 p.m. (or until we are done)
-For both practices:
a. Please be on time; the sooner we start, the sooner we finish.
b. Seniors must attend the entire practice from beginning to end to participate in graduation activities.
c. Caps and gowns will be distributed at the end of practice at NDP.
d. Please dress in appropriate length shorts or jeans, and shirts with sleeves (NDP shirt or college shirt). No short shorts, no short dresses, no yoga pants or leggings of any type, no cleavage, no tank tops, and no spaghetti straps.
Remember, you will be in Church on Tuesday.
A. Baccalaureate Mass is scheduled from 5:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.(approximately) on Wednesday, May 16 at St. Bernard of Clairvaux Catholic Church, located at 10755 N. 124th Street, Scottsdale, AZ 85259
- This is a mandatory event for all graduating seniors.
- Graduates must arrive no later than 4:30 p.m. and will be directed to a meeting hall.
- Doors will open for guest seating at 4:30 p.m.
- Graduates must bring their Graduation gown (no cap), which will be worn during Mass.
- Please be aware that there is limited seating at the church.
B. Dress code for Baccalaureate and Graduation ceremony:
All graduates will wear gowns without caps for Baccalaureate Mass and caps and gowns for the commencement exercises.
- Dress shirts with ties and dress pants are required
- No polo shirts or t-shirts
- No jeans or casual pants may be worn
- Dress shoes with dress socks are REQUIRED (no athletic shoes will be permitted)
- Boys must be clean shaven and have natural color hair in dress code compliance
- No sunglasses or earrings may be worn
- Dresses or skirts (no more than 1 inch above the knee)
- Dresses and tops must have a least cap sleeves (no spaghetti straps or tank tops permitted, unless a sweater or jacket is worn)
- All tops must have a modest neckline
- No flip flops are permitted
- No sunglasses may be worn
- Hair must be natural in color and in dress code compliance
C. Additional items for graduating seniors:
- No items may be worn on the outside of the gown or on the cap (ie. Pins, writing, jewelry, etc.). The only exception to this rule will be National Honor Society/Honors Thespian Sashes, Tri-M Honor Cords, Valedictorian/Salutatorian/Honors medals, and Kairos medals/leader crosses.
- No gum or food of any kind may be brought into Bemis Field.
- Anything in your possession, including but not limited to cell phone, purses, bags, or keys, etc. will be held for you until the conclusion of the ceremony. You can pick up your items from a specified location afterwards.
- Baccalaureate Mass and commencement exercises are events shared by Catholic college preparatory schools around the world. They honor and celebrate the extraordinary accomplishments of the graduating class. Proper decorum honors these traditions and the individuals who have worked so tirelessly to provide them. It is expected that all graduates honor each ceremony through their attentive participation. Inappropriate behavior may result in students not receiving their diploma.
Graduates must arrive no later than 5:15 p.m. Graduates must check-in at the Chapel and should be dropped off as no cars can remain at NDP or Lot K at WestWorld after the graduation ceremony concludes. Graduates must bring their cap and gown to be worn during the ceremony.
Each family will receive eight (8) general admission tickets for Graduation. The tickets will be distributed to seniors on Monday, April 16 at the end of G period in the COMM during the same time they are picking up graduation announcements from Jostens. If students do not pick up the tickets during this time, they will need to pick up the tickets in the COMM on another day after April 16 . It is the senior’s responsibility to pick up the tickets. Tickets cannot be replaced if lost. If families do not use all eight tickets, they can be given to other families they know who are in need of additional tickets. Notre Dame is not responsible for any ticket exchanges.
Graduation and Seating
Gates to Bemis Field will open at 6:00pm. Doors will open for handicapped seating at 5:45 p.m. Handicapped seating is on the track behind the graduate seating. Visibility may be limited. Please know that any type of umbrella will not be allowed at graduation due to visibility.
Notre Dame will open up the gymnasium to view a live stream of graduation. Doors to the gym will open at 5:30pm. You can view graduation starting at 6:45pm on May 17th by clicking on the link here.
Gates to all NDP parking lots will open up at 5:30pm. Overflow parking will be available to the west of Bemis Field in Lot K at WestWorld, just off of Bell Road. Busses will be transporting guests to the field from Lot K starting at 5:15pm and will be available to transport back to Lot K after graduation. Please note there is not overnight parking in Lot K.
The Administration Parking lot will be used for Uber/Lyft/taxi drop off and pick up only. This parking lot will not be available for graduation parking.
Should you have someone in your group who needs handicap seating, please call or email Renee Hiskey by Wednesday, April 11, email@example.com / 480.634.8244. This requested information will be needed prior to giving seniors their tickets for us to include the handicap information with the tickets. Your entire group of eight will be able to sit in the handicap section. Please note each handicap seat is considered one of your eight tickets.
- Junior/Senior Prom, April 14, 7:30 p.m, Wrigley Mansion
- Capstone Presentations, April 16 and 17, NDP
- Mr. NDP (during school), gym and Senior-Directed One Act Plays, 7 p.m. April 20, cafeteria
- Senior Awards Event, 6 p.m., April 23, gym
- Senior Picnic, 9 a.m. on May 4 (after Fashion Show rehearsal)
- Auction and Fashion Show, May 5, Scottsdale Fairmont Princess
- Rehearsals – April 18 at 1 p.m. and May 4 at 8 a.m. and May 5 at 3:30 p.m.
- Fittings – May 1, from 2 to 8 p.m.; May 2, from 1 to 8 p.m. and May 3, from 2 to 8 p.m. Dillard's Fashion Square
- Fashion Show Event – May 5
The Auction portion of the event begins at 5:30 p.m.
Seniors arrive at 8 p.m. to get ready for the fashion show.
7. Project Grad, May 17 (After graduation), Octane Raceway
Let the 2018 Yearbook staff take the stress out of the Memory Lane poster.
The process is simple:
- Choose photos that represent special times with family and friends. Include pets. This is something your senior can bring to college and take comfort in the memories.
- Send between 6-16 (max) photos digitally to Rebecca Strolic at firstname.lastname@example.org. These photos must be submitted by April 17, 2018, as either JPEGs, PNGs, or PDFs. Include in the email your senior’s name and the name of the college your senior will be attending, as well as any specific requests for the placement of the photos.
- One of the YB staffers will be assigned get to work on the design. You should receive a proof for editing within five schooldays.
- Handmade posters must adhere to specific guidelines and look like the example shown here
- No 3-D elements (bows, 3-D stickers)
- All photos are set within the 11x17 page with no overhang
- Only photos on the front (masthead) side of the poster
- And finally laminate the poster before turning it in to the front desk by April 28, 2018.
This is a tradition at Notre Dame Preparatory that began with the first graduating Class of 2005 to help celebrate this momentous occasion. We would like all of our seniors to have a Memory Lane Poster, so please help spread the word to other senior parents.
If you have any questions, please email Rebecca Strolic at email@example.com.