Senior Photo/Yearbook Ad/Memory Lane Poster Information
- Yearbook Photo Information
- Senior Ad and Baby Photo Information
- Memory Lane for Poster for Project Grad
- Senior Yearbook Due Dates
November 6, 2020
A NOTE TO SENIORS AND THEIR FAMILIES:
Senior year moves quickly and there are few important deadlines to have on your calendar for November. Please let Mrs. Strolic know if you need assistance.
YEARBOOK/GRADUATION PORTRAITS by Prestige Photography by Lifetouch
- Prestige Photography by Lifetouch is our official senior photography studio for the Class of 2021
- If you haven’t already done so, please call Prestige directly to schedule an appointment (480) 296-2880. Then choose the prompt for Prestige Seniors.
- Prestige is located in Glendale 4925 West Bell RoadSte. C-10 Glendale, AZ 85308 Click here for driving directions
- They are open from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday-Saturday, closed Sunday
- It is MANDATORY that all seniors attend a photo session for the yearbook senior images
- We ask that session appointments be scheduled by November 13, 2020
- There will be a make-up day at NDP on Saturday, November 14, 2020. The times were assigned by Prestige and sent to seniors who still need a photo. Please call Prestige at (480) 296-2880 if have questions or need to make a change.
PHOTO SESSION - What is included?
- Complimentary Photo Session
- Four poses in Gown / Cap & Gown
- AND four poses in dressy attire attire, ¾ length pose
- Men attire: shirt and tie required; no facial hair, and hair must be cut to school dress code length
- Women attire: dressy top, school dress code appropriate with no low-cut necklines, visible piercings or colored hair
- No hats
- Proofs will be mailed and emailed to you about 3 weeks after your photography session
- Yearbook images and all portrait orders will be automatically retouched
- You will be able to easily view and select your images online
- Your yearbook image selection will be sent directly to the school for you
FOR THE YEARBOOK - Two images of every senior will be included
- Primary Image: Head and shoulders pose in graduation gown on a black background
- You will choose this pose online through Prestige
- Secondary Image: dressy attire pose on a white background
- You will send Mrs. Strolic the proof number of this image with a short description by completing this Google form by November 30, 2020
CORRECT SPELLING OF FORMAL NAMES FOR YEARBOOK
- In order to ensure that the formal name in the yearbook is accurate, parents must fill out this Google form (the same form as above,) by November 30, 2020
- Please double check for accuracy
BABY PICTURES NEEDED FOR YEARBOOK
As part of our senior page layouts, we put your child’s toddler photo (2 to 4 years, please) next to the senior portrait.
- Email your baby picture to Mrs. Strolic by November 30, 2020
- Use a high resolution digital photo as a JPEG, PNG or PDF file
- Please meet the deadline to ensure your senior’s baby photo will be in the yearbook
- All students must order their yearbooks by January 15 through Josten’s
- Photo session appointments must be scheduled by November 13, 2020
- Once you have your photos selected fill out this Google form twice to tell Mrs. Strolic which images you wish to appear in the yearbook and the correct spelling of your name by November 30, 2020
- Email your baby picture to Mrs. Strolic by November 30, 2020
- Deadline for ALL students to order a yearbook is January 15, 2021
Updated November 6, 2020
Dear Parents of the Class of 2021,
Welcome to Senior Year at NDP!
Last year’s wackiness and summer vacation flew by and now it's time to check off a senior ad on your list of to-dos for your senior's year. This is for the yearbook.
SENIORS’ ADS FOR YEARBOOK: As many of you parents have seen, we offer space in the yearbook for you to write something to your senior and place pictures of them in various stages of life. These are paid ads to help offset the cost of the yearbook.
You have two options for this ad: you can create something on the computer and send it in for scanning, or you can send in the digital photos and the text you want and leave it up to our yearbook designers to do the rest. In order to leave enough space in the yearbook for these ads, I am asking that you reserve a space now by paying via SmartTuition on the NDP website (www.ndpsaints.org > Parents on top left > Tuition Payments > Extras. We continue to allow a ¼-page ad option due to the economic times, but these ads will have specific guidelines as a result of design issues. The cost is as follows:
- ¼ page ad $150.00 (4.5x6 inches)
- ½ page ad $225.00 (9x6 inches)
- Full page ad $425.00 (9x12 inches)
More information about the ads and their creation is below. Space is limited, so get your order in early.
BABY PICTURES NEEDED FOR YEARBOOK: As part of our senior page layouts, we put your child’s baby/toddler photo (2 to 4 years, please) next to the senior portrait. This is something that all the seniors enjoy seeing each year. You must email Rebecca Strolic a digital copy (JPEG, PNG or PDF with the highest resolution available) of the baby. Baby pictures are due by November 30, 2020. If a baby photo is not sent, your senior’s Prestige ¾ shot will be placed in the yearbook.
CORRECT SPELLING OF FORMAL NAMES FOR YEARBOOK: In order to ensure that the formal name in the yearbook is accurate, parents will receive a Google form that will take about 5 seconds to fill out and submit. This form will ask you for your senior’s first, all middle names, and last name, as well as a spot to give the proof number for the ¾ shot. This is separate from the form sent out by Mrs. Beers. Both are important. Please double check, so no mistakes will be made.
THE PROOF NUMBER FOR THE ¾ SHOT: NDP is the only high school in the USA that uses two images taken by Prestige. One unintended consequence of this honor is the lack of a 2nd choice option when you choose the gown shot. The Google form that asks for the full formal name also has a spot for you to list the proof number is for the 2nd image.
November 10, 2020
Dear Senior Parents,
As we inch closer to graduation and all the “senior” things start to pile up, there is one last thing you need to do to help celebrate your soon-to-be college freshman: the Memory Lane poster. Designed and printed as large photos by NDP, we hang these posters at the Project Graduation party to create a “Memory Lane.”
Let the 2021 Yearbook staff take the stress out of this last project☺. The process is simple:
Go to Smart Tuition and pay the $20 fee for the Memory Lane poster. Part of this fee is used to print out a matte finish photograph suitable for framing.
Select a layout template and complete Memory Lane poster information.
Choose photos that represent special times with family and friends. Include pets. This is something your senior can bring to college and take comfort in the memories.
Send between 7-16 (max) photos (depending on template selection) digitally to Rebecca Strolic at email@example.com. These photos must be submitted as either JPEGs, PNGs, or PDFs. Include in the email your senior’s name and the name of the college your senior will be attending, as well as any specific requests for the placement of the photos.
Submit all photos by April 14, 2021.
One of the yearbook staffers will be assigned to work on the design. You should receive a draft for editing within five school days.
We will have a limited amount of blank Memory Lane posters available at the front desk if it is necessary for you to design the poster yourself.
Handmade posters must adhere to specific guidelines and look like the example shown here: no 3-D elements (bows, 3-D stickers); all photos are set within the 11x17 page with no overhang; only photos on the front (masthead) side of the poster; and finally laminate the poster before turning it in to the front desk by April 28, 2021.
This is a tradition at Notre Dame Preparatory that began with the first graduating Class of 2005 to help celebrate this momentous occasion. We would like all of our seniors to have a Memory Lane Poster, so please help spread the word to other senior parents. If you have any questions, please email Rebecca Strolic at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NDP Class of 2021 Checklist Due Dates
Any questions about senior portraits, ads or yearbook? Email Mrs. Strolic at email@example.com.
November 14, 2020: Have senior photos taken by Prestige. Prestige will mail you professional hard-copy proofs of your images two to three weeks after your session. They will also email a link so you can view your proofs online.
November 30, 2020: Send Mrs. Strolic a baby/toddler photo. This photo will be placed next to the senior gown shot. If Mrs. Strolic doesn’t receive a baby/toddler photo, the ¾ gown shot will be placed instead.
December 10, 2020: Choose the gown shot online.
December 10, 2020: Submit the Google Form with your senior’s full formal name and ¾ shot proof number.
January 15, 2020: Last day to order a 2020-2021 NDP yearbook. Click here to order.
January 15, 2020: Turn in completed ad or ad materials.
February 15, 2020: Last deadline for senior ads. Any ads turned in after this date will not be guaranteed placement in the yearbook.
Do I have to get my ad designed by a professional?
There are 3 ways you can send in your child’s ad to the NDP yearbook staff:
- You can design it yourself (or have someone outside of school do it) on the correct size page, save it as a PDF or JPEG and send it via email to Mrs. Strolic. If you use a program like PowerPoint or Publisher, please make sure you save the final copy as a PDF.
- You can send in the photos and the text via email, along with specific directions for picture placement and color of background, and any other specific directions pertaining to the ad.
- You can send in the photos and the text and trust our staff to create the very best ad we can. After several years of experience, we recommend you allow us to design the ad. The yearbook staff is very talented and will treat your ad as if it was their own ad. We know the newest design trends and will really make your senior’s ad pop.
I won’t be designing the ad at home; I’ll let your staff do it. How do I send in the photos and text?
Scan your photos at home, and email them as JPEGs, PNGs or PDFS along with a word document containing the message to be placed on the ad to Mrs. Strolic at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I’m not sure how to decide on what kind of ad to do.
The best way to think of how you want your ad designed is to look earlier yearbooks. Students here designed most of the ads at NDP and we can recreate a layout to your satisfaction.
When is the last day I can turn in payment for the ad?
November 15, 2020 is the last day, unless there are extenuating circumstances.
When is the last day I can turn in the materials for the ad?
The deadline for turning in all materials for your senior’s ad, or the completed ad as a JPEG or PDF at 300 dpi via email, is December 15th. If there are some specifics reasons why you may not make this deadline, please contact Mrs. Strolic directly.
I want to use a photo from my senior’s portrait sitting, but it hasn’t been sent to me yet. What do I do?
Send in the proof copy so we can design the ad with the photo placed in it. We will place your senior’s ad in a later deadline and then you can get us the copy without the proof label when you receive it.
How big is a quarter page ad in the book? If I make my own ad, do I make it exactly this size?
A quarter page is 4.5x6 inches. You should create your ad on this size, as long as it is laid out in the portrait mode. Our yearbook software allows us to place the ad proportionately on the page with no bleed on the page.
How big is a half page ad in the book? If I make my own ad, do I make it exactly this size?
A half page is 9x6 inches. You should create your ad on this size, as long as it is laid out in the landscape mode. Our yearbook software allows us to place the ad proportionately on the page with no bleed on the page.
How big is a full-page ad in the book? If I make my own ad, do I make it exactly this size?
A full-page ad is 9x12 inches. Yes, you should size the paper to 9x12 inches. Our yearbook software allows us to place the ad proportionately on the page with no bleed on the page.
I want things cropped out of my child’s photos. Can you do that or do I have to?
We can use PhotoShop to crop out unwanted images from your photos. You simply need to give us instructions as to what you want taken out.
How many photos fit comfortably on a quarter page ad?
No more than 2 photos should be placed on a quarter page ad.
How many photos fit comfortably on a half page ad?
No more than 6 photos should be placed on a half page ad.
How many photos fit comfortably on a full-page ad?
No more than 10 photos should be placed on a full-page ad.
Is there a limit to how much text can be on the ad?
You want to limit the amount of text unless you want it to be such a tiny font that it can’t be read. A good rule of thumb is no more than 250 characters (including spaces) for a half page ad and no more than 600 characters (including spaces) for a full-page ad. You may have more text if you limit your number of photos.
I am at a loss on how to do this ad. How can you help me?
Email Mrs. Strolic to set up an appointment to design your ad to your specifications.