Office of The Deans
At NDP, we empower all students to discover, pursue and achieve personal, spiritual and educational goals. The Deans of Students strive to provide a safe and healthy learning environment for all students through the implementation of school health and safety policies. We are a drug-free and weapon-free campus. Our deans and security personnel are here to ensure our students and all people on our campus are safe and secure. Our deans and counselors are also available to address behavioral and academic issues with the singular goal to keep our students thriving and becoming the best versions of themselves.
Dean of Men - Tom White
Dean of Women - Brieanne Dragonetti
After you read the handbook, please fill out the form below and sign electronically. All students and parents must sign.
Reading our Student Handbook and providing your electronic signature is required to complete your enrollment for Notre Dame Preparatory. The deadline for completing your signature is August 12, 2019.
- Attendance Policy
- Pre-Arranged Absence
- Drug Testing Policy
- Inhaler Authorization Form
- Nurses Office
- Student/Parent Handbook
- Parking on Campus
Barb Marrs, attendance office - (480)634-8250 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Tom White, Dean of Men - (480) 634-8228 | email@example.com
Brie Dragonetti, Dean of Women - (480) 634-8227 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax - (480)634-8299
If your child is absent: Call the Attendance Office at (480) 634-8250 OR email the Attendance Office at email@example.com each day the student is absent.
If your child needs to leave school early for any reason:
- A note must be turned in to the Attendance Office at the beginning of the school day, OR parents can email the Attendance Office, OR the parent may call the Attendance Office so the student can be given an Early Dismissal slip. If you obtain a last minute appointment, please call ahead so we can get the student out of class. If we do not receive a note or phone call ahead of time, you may need to wait until the end of the period to check your student out.
- If the student needs to leave for a medical reason, he/she must bring a medical note to school upon return from his/her doctor/dentist on the doctor’s letterhead.
- If anyone other than a parent or guardian is picking up a student from school early, the school must have written permission from the parent or guardian for another person to pick up their child, even if the other person is a relative or is listed in the emergency contact information.
- Students may not leave school early with other students, other students’ parents, or anyone else without written permission from a student’s parent or guardian.
- If students are ill, they should go to the nurse. Students should not call their parents to come to school and pick them up.
If your child arrives at school after 8:00 a.m.:
The student must bring a note from his/her parent regarding the tardy, OR parent must call the Attendance Office or Dean of Students regarding the tardy, OR parent must accompany student to the Attendance Office and sign him/her in, OR student must have a doctor’s note.
Legitimate reasons for approved absences include:
- Personal illness or injury
- Doctor/dentist/physical therapy appointment that cannot be made before or after school (accompanied by a doctor’s note).
- Serious family illness or a death in the family.
- Representing the school at school-sponsored activities.
- Prior approval of Administration.
- Call required
- Parents must call the Attendance Office by 8:00 a.m. each day the student is absent.
- To be admitted to class upon returning to school after being absent the previous school day, students must present a written note, explaining the absence, signed by the parent or guardian to the Attendance Office by 7:35 a.m.
Please list all of the following on the note:
- Student’s full name and grade.
- Date(s) of absence(s).
- Reason for absence(s).
- Parent’s printed name and telephone number where a parent may be contacted if the note needs to be verified.
- Parent’s signature.
This note is required in addition to the required phone call(s) to the Attendance Office in order for a student to be admitted to class. Students who do not bring this note will be issued a detention unless the note is received by the end of the day.
If you know ahead of time your student will miss school for any reason, please have them fill out a Request for Pre-Arranged Absence form and return it to the Dean’s Office at least two school days prior to the student’s absence. This form can be found at the NDP website under the Parents/Office of the Dean section, or you can obtain a form from the Attendance Office. For more information on Attendance, please see the NDP 2019-20 Student/Parent Handbook
To serve our students who require the use of an inhaler, please download and print our inhaler authorization form. By completing and returning the inhaler form to the school nurses, you will help us keep our students safe and healthy so they can focus on learning.
Health services for students at NDP are provided by the Nurse’s Office, which is located in the Administration Building. NDP has an registered nurse on staff full-time to assist with student health and wellness needs. Vision and hearing tests, health screenings and drug screenings also are provided on campus. For school health-related questions, please call the nurse at 480-634-8255.
The link between nutrition and learning is well-documented. Healthy eating patterns are essential for students to achieve their full academic potential, physical and mental growth, and lifelong health and well-being. NDP offers students the tools and knowledge necessary to make healthy choices for their bodies.
IN THE EVENT OF ILLNESS OR INJURY
All ill or injured students referred to the nurse’s office will be evaluated, appropriately treated and their disposition determined by the nurse based on their current health needs. No student may use his/her cell phone, email or text message to contact a parent to request he/she be picked up or called out. All arrangements for health dismissals are made through the nurse’s office. No student will be released without a parent/guardian/alternate of the parent being notified.
WHEN TO STAY HOME
Students who have the following symptoms need to stay home until these symptoms have been absent for at least 24 hours without the help of medication, or until a doctor sends a note that states the condition is not contagious and the student may return to school.
Contact the Nurses Office with any questions or concerns, firstname.lastname@example.org, (480) 634-8255.
Reverence, respect and responsibility are the guiding pillars at Notre Dame Prep. You feel it when you step on campus that our Catholic faith is evident in how we dress and how we treat others. To help our students understand what is expected of them and what it means to me a Saint, we have our school policies printed in the Student Handbook. Parents should familiarize themselves with these policies as well. Below is a link for downloading and printing a personal copy of our handbook.
THE 2019-20 STUDENT HANDBOOK WILL BE AVAILABLE IN JULY! PLEASE CHECK BACK.
All of these policies are designed to maintain modesty, preserve dignity, produce excellence and keep our community safe. If you have any questions regarding the handbook, please contact one of our deans at email@example.com.
Notre Dame Prep offers two student lots for parking. Students with parking permits may park only in their assigned parking spots. Parking lots are located along Saints Way. Students and parents should review the NDP handbook for guidelines on driving and parking in campus parking lots. There is absolutely no street parking near campus.