Updated Pre Participation GuidelinesThe AIA up to this point requires an annual sports physical for all of its athletes. Over the past several months due to COVID-19 many families and athletes have not felt comfortable visiting their primary care provider for routine healthcare. While the AIA endorses that primary care offices are taking necessary precautions to minimize you and your family’s risk of being exposed to COVID-19, we also want to respect the choices you make for your families health, while still honoring the AIA commitment to player health and safety. For these reasons, the AIA with support from the AIA sports medicine advisory committee is adopting the following guidelines for the 2020-2021 school year.
1. The 2019-2020 sports physical shall be accepted for the 2020-2021 school year if the following criteria are met over the time period since the athletes 2019-2020 sports physical.
a. Athlete has a 2019-2020 sports physical on file with the school he/she is attending for 2020-2021 (ie. Freshman and transfer students must have a new physical completed and submitted to the school in which he/she is attending)
b. Athlete did not have any new injury or illness requiring outside medical evaluation and/or loss of practice or game time
c. Athlete did not have a concussion
d. Athlete did not receive treatment by the school athletic trainer and/or a physical therapist
e. Athlete did not receive a new medical diagnosis
f. Athlete has not had COVID -19
2. Athlete must see his/her primary care provider and have an updated sports physical for 2020-2021 if any of the above criteria are not met.
3. If athlete does not have a 2019-2020 sports physical form on file at the school he/she is attending for the 2020-2021 school year, the athlete will also need to complete a 2020-2021 sports physical; click here.
4. A NEW 2020-21 health history is required to be completed (15.7-A, page 3; click here), signed by student and parent/guardian, and uploaded to your FamilyID account, if you are using your 2019-20 physical.
4. Need Support? Questions about your online registration or uploading documents? Family ID is available 7 days per week at email@example.com or 888-800-5583 x1
To participate in athletics at Notre Dame Preparatory, all student-athletes must register online in order to be cleared and approved before the first day of tryouts or practice.
The NDP Athletic Department is now using a secure registration platform, FamilyID.com, that provides our families with a safe, easy, and user-friendly way to register for Notre Dame Prep athletics.
Download the required AIA form(s)
- 2020-21 AIA Physical Form (if you haven't uploaded a 2019-20 form)
- 15.7A, Page 3 (if you have already uploaded a 2019-20 form)
Click "Register Now" in the appropriate season
Click here & select the current season
Multi-sport athletes repeat this step for each season
Upload the required AIA form(s)
If you haven't already uploaded a 2019-20 AIA physical form, you will need to upload a fully completed 2020-21 form
If you have already uploaded a 2019-20 AIA physical form, you will only need to upload Form 15.7A, Page
Complete & Upload Brainbook Course (First-Year Students ONLY)
Click here to take the course
Need Support? Questions about your online registration or uploading documents? Family ID is available 7 days per week at firstname.lastname@example.org or 888-800-5583 x1