- Boys' Basketball
- Boys' Soccer
- Girls' Basketball
- Girls' Soccer
- News Story
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. – Notre Dame Prep Athletics will start practice for Winter Sports beginning the week of Nov. 30 for each of the sports including basketball, soccer and wrestling. Teams will be required to have 14 days of practice before the start of competition on Tuesday, Jan. 5. All student-athletes must have the Family ID registration completed before participating.
Updated Tryout Schedules for Week 1 starting Nov. 30 for Winter sports:
Boys Soccer – Nov. 30-Dec. 2
MT 3-4:15 Scottsdale Sports Park (Field 6) W 2-3:30 Notre Dame Prep
Girls Soccer - Nov. 30-Dec. 3
MT 3-4:30 p.m. Grass Field, W 12-1:30 p.m. Bemis Field, TH 3-4:30 p.m. Bemis Field
Boys Basketball – Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, December 2-4
Wednesday 1:15PM-2:45 p.m. (Juniors and Seniors) 6:30 p.m.- 8:15 p.m. (Freshmen and Sophomores)
Thursday 3:15 p.m.-4:45 p.m. (Juniors and Seniors) 7:00 p.m,.-8:30 p.m. (Freshmen and Sophomores)
Friday 3:15PM-4:45 p.m. (Juniors and Seniors) 7:00 p.m.-8:30 p.m. (Freshmen and Sophomores)
Girls Basketball – Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, December 9-11 (Updated)
Wednesday 5:00 p.m.-7 p.m.
Thursday 5 p.m.-7 p.m.
Friday 5 p.m.-7 p.m.
Wrestling – Dec. 1-4
M – Off, T- 4:30pm – 5:30pm Track, W – Off, THF – 4:30pm – 6pm Wrestling Room
2020-2021 AIA Winter Sports Notes
Season of Competition Begins: January 5, 2021
Regular Season Concludes: February 19, 2021 **Including any play-in games**
Notre Dame Prep Winter Sports
Practice/Tryouts November 30th
Competition January 5th, 2021
Guidelines for Teams
Coaches must follow AIA specific sport modifications. Winter Sports Modifications
- Masks - All coaches are required to wear masks during practice and competition. Athletes must always wear a mask except when they participate in practice and contest. Meetings with players must include the wearing of the masks. When players are on the bench during a contest, they are required to wear a mask.
- Teams cannot have team dinners at homes.
- There is no use of locker rooms except prior to and at half of basketball games.
- It is mandatory that coaches take daily attendance and submit them to Jake at the end of the week.
- If possible separate levels of teams within the program. Try to keep from practicing/traveling together.
- Players must bring and use their own water bottles.
- Coaches must sanitize their soccer balls and basketballs before, during and after practice.
- No scrimmages or invitational tournaments
- Teams/ athletes must participate in practice 14 days before the start of competition on January 5th.
- Finals Week - Monday thru Thursday. Varsity teams can work out 1 ½ hours but must be finished by 5:00 PM.
- NO SUNDAY CONTACT WITH PLAYERS!!
- If a student or coach attends a club practice or participates in a club event they cannot practice or play with a team for 14 days from their last club contact.
- Any positive test should be reported to the schools covid email by the parents and to the athletic department by the coach. After a positive test is reported, all team activities should be paused until the proper documents can be submitted to the health department so they can begin their investigation. The following Health Department investigation will determine the course of action for the rest of the team in regards to quarantine.
- If 2 kids on a team test positive the team must shut down for 2 weeks
- Transfer rules are 50 percent of scheduled contests.
- If a player has any symptoms of Covid-19 (cough, sore throat, runny nose, chest tightness, difficulty breathing, etc) they should be sent home.