- The 2020-21 Drama Club has a new moderator! Ms. Esther Sequeira!
- The St. Catherine of Bologna Performing Arts Center is scheduled to open in early 2021. Ms. Sequeira is determined to have our Spring Musical in the PAC and open the theater's history with show to remember!
- Drama Club met with Ms. Sequeira and Mrs. Beers Friday, Aug. 7 to discuss the 2020-21 drama season and potential shows for the PAC theater opening.
- NDP students Bennett Curran and Olivia LaPorte earn nominations for leading male and leading female in the ASU Gammage High School Musical Theater Awards and a chance with go to New York for The Jimmy's. Although they didn't win, they gained great experience!
- In all, The Notre Dame Prep Players garnered 7 nominations at the HSMTA including:
- Bennett Curran- semi-finalist Best Lead Male
- Olivia La Porte- semi-finalist Best Lead Female
- Jacob Fevurly- semi-finalist Best Supporting Male
- Kendall Luther- semi-finalist Best Supporting Female
- Ruby Purcell- semi-finalist Best Vocal
- Act 2 Finale- semi-finalist Best Dance Ensemble
- Lighting Crew (Will Gettings, Peyton Matura, and Lars Nordhagen) FINALIST Best Lighting
- In 2020 four Drama Club members, Lauren Skemp, Bennett Curran, Olivia La Porte, and Kendall Luther, competed at the Northern Arizona Festival for Theater and received four Superiors! WAY TO GO!
- Drama Club Instagram: @ndpsaintsdrama
Esther Sequeira graduated from the University of Dallas in 2016 with a BA in Drama. She developed and taught a 4-week summer theater camp for elementary and middle schooler students at St. Jeanne De Lestonnac Catholic School in Temecula, CA and taught theater for 3 years at Xavier College Preparatory High School in Palm Desert, CA.
Esther has both performed on the stage and directed theater for the past 7 years. Theater credits include: Mona Lucrezia in Someone from Assisi by Thorton Wilder (University of Dallas); The Old Woman in Candide! by Leonard Bernstein (University of Dallas); Fantine in Les Miserables by Schonberg and Boublil (University of Dallas); Light design for Am I Blue? by Beth Henley (University of Dallas) and The Frog Prince by David Mamet (University of Dallas); Set Design for God by Woody Allen (University of Dallas) and The Doctor in Spite of Himself by Moliere translated by Lady Gregory (University of Dallas); Assistant Director, Hamlet and Macbeth by William Shakespeare( Shakespeare in the Vines) and Electra by Sophocles adapted by Rob Crisell (Full Circle Players); Director, The Furies by Aeschylus, Kiss Me Kate by Cole Porter, Blithe Spirit by Noel Coward, High School Musical by David Simpatico, and Dracula by Steven Dietz (XCPHS Palm Desert, CA).
When she is not teaching or directing, Esther enjoys embroidery, water coloring, and delving into the world of historical fashion and dress.