- The 2020-21 Drama Club moderator is Ms. Esther Sequeira.
- The Spring Musical title is...Little Women! Show dates are April 9, 10, 16 and 17. Tickets will go on sale later on our online Box Office.
- Congratulations to the cast of Little Women! We thank all who auditioned and those who signed up to be on the stage crew. Click here to view the cast list.
- There is a mandatory parent meeting for the cast of Little Women on Tuesday, Feb. 19 at 6:15 p.m. in the cafeteria.
- The NDP Players are also looking for students who like to participate behind-the-scenes of drama productions. This includes students interested in set design, stage management, make-up, hair, lighting and sound. We will train you! If interested, contact Ms. Sequeira.
The cast list for Little Women, the spring musical for 2021, has been decided! Click here to view the list of students who will make up the first musical cast to perform in the St. Catherine of Bologna Performing Arts Center. The show opens at 7 p.m. on Friday, April 9. Here is the full list of show dates and times:
- Fridays, April 9 and 16 | 7 p.m.
- Saturdays, April 10 and 17 | 2 p.m. and 7 p.m.
"First, I want to say thank you to everyone who auditioned and came to callbacks," said NDP drama teacher Ms. Sequeira. "I am extremely excited to get started on this production and begin this journey with our new cast."
Little Women is set to be our inaugural performance in the new Performing Arts Center and the beginning of NDP's expansion of the visual and performing arts. "I am so proud of our students and their talent," said Mrs. Platt, the president/principal of Notre Dame Prep. "It's exciting to finally provide them with a fitting space for them to create and grow as artists."
Rehearsals for Little Women will begin on Tuesday, Jan. 19 in the cafeteria. See the full schedule below:
- Monday: No rehearsal and No school
- Tuesday: 3:00-5:30 All called; First rehearsal and Read through. PARENT INFORMATION NIGHT TO FOLLOW!!
- Wednesday: All Called 3:00-5:30
- Thursday: All Called 3:00-5:30
- Friday: All Called 3:00-5:30
NOTE: There will be a meeting for all parents of our new cast members at 6:15 p.m. on Tuesday, Jan. 19 in the Cafeteria. Please make every effort to attend.
Little Women, based on the novel by Louisa May Alcott, is presented through special arrangement with Music Theatre International (MTI). All authorized performance materials are also supplied by MTI.
Students who would like to get involved in make-up, hair, sound or stage crew should contact Ms. Sequeira.
Tickets for the show will be available at ndspaints.org/boxoffice in late March.
Esther Sequeira graduated from the University of Dallas in 2016 with a BA in Drama. She developed and taught a 4-week summer theater camp for elementary and middle schooler students at St. Jeanne De Lestonnac Catholic School in Temecula, CA and taught theater for 3 years at Xavier College Preparatory High School in Palm Desert, CA.
Esther has both performed on the stage and directed theater for the past 7 years. Theater credits include: Mona Lucrezia in Someone from Assisi by Thorton Wilder (University of Dallas); The Old Woman in Candide! by Leonard Bernstein (University of Dallas); Fantine in Les Miserables by Schonberg and Boublil (University of Dallas); Light design for Am I Blue? by Beth Henley (University of Dallas) and The Frog Prince by David Mamet (University of Dallas); Set Design for God by Woody Allen (University of Dallas) and The Doctor in Spite of Himself by Moliere translated by Lady Gregory (University of Dallas); Assistant Director, Hamlet and Macbeth by William Shakespeare( Shakespeare in the Vines) and Electra by Sophocles adapted by Rob Crisell (Full Circle Players); Director, The Furies by Aeschylus, Kiss Me Kate by Cole Porter, Blithe Spirit by Noel Coward, High School Musical by David Simpatico, and Dracula by Steven Dietz (XCPHS Palm Desert, CA).
When she is not teaching or directing, Esther enjoys embroidery, water coloring, and delving into the world of historical fashion and dress.