Spring 2023 semester exams are coming up May 15, 16 and 17 for seniors, and May 23, 24 and 25 for underclassmen, from 8 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Spring 2023 Exam Schedule:
Review all Academic Honesty & Integrity policies: Program of Studies pp. 58-60.
NOTE: Final examinations are administered only during final exam week and only at the time scheduled by the school except in emergency cases arranged with the Assistant Principal for Learning Services before the scheduled start time of the exam. Final exams may not be taken early. Absences on exam days for any reason must be approved by the Assistant Principal of Learning Services before the scheduled start time of the exam: email@example.com
Final Exam Format & Content:
What is the format of the test? What should students study? Will they need a calculator? Spring Final Exam Format & Content, listed by Department.
Final Exam Policies – Spring 2023:
- Review all student handbook policies regarding Honor Code, Academic Honesty & Senior Exemptions.
- Elective Classes will have final exams or have final projects due on the last day(s) of classes.
- Final exam review sessions will be held during classes in the weeks prior to finals, and some classes may also offer additional optional review sessions before or after school.
- Each final exam is weighted at 20% of students’ overall semester grade.
- Some classes may also require a final project, timed essay, speaking and listening or lab portion of the final exam to be completed in class the week before final exams.
- Students are not allowed to take final exams earlier than the regular scheduled time in order to accommodate vacation plans. Please make travel arrangements accordingly.
- Students who have accommodations should sign up to test in a separate location and may start earlier or end later than posted exam times. Please contact Mr. Prelock, Director of Exceptional Education: firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about signing up for testing accommodations.
- Students who become ill during final exam week are required to contact the Assistant Principal of Learning Services to schedule a make-up exam.
- Final semester transcripts will be released: Friday, June 9, 2023.
Student Preparation Tips:
- Start early! Review exactly what will be on each exam, what the expectations are, and how much time you will have. Attend all review sessions and reach out to your teacher for one-on-one help.
- Set up your study space. Make sure you have a quiet spot away from distractions and that you have notes, study guides and other materials ready.
- Space out your studying throughout the week so that you are not cramming the night before each test. Read more about spaced practice and other study tips HERE.
- Study Guides: Don’t just read them: Hand-write your answers, color code topics, make flash cards, read it out loud, sketch pictures of the ideas, etc.
- Be social: Plan in-person and virtual study sessions with classmates to compare notes and practice with each other.
- Get a good night’s sleep, set your alarm early enough so that you can eat some breakfast, & pack up your materials - including #2 pencils and your calculator--- if you need it!
- Relax. This is a chance to show what you know and improve your grade by showing how you have grown. Your teachers love you and are praying for your success. Do your best and let God handle the rest!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What about extra time testing accommodations? Students who have accommodations for extra time will have an earlier start time each day (for first exam) and/or a later end time (for second exam) and will test in an alternate location. If you have questions, please contact your counselor or one of the teachers in the Academic Resource Center, Room 901.
May I take my exams early? No, final exams may not be taken early. Final examinations are administered only during final exam week and only at the time scheduled by the school. Students are not allowed to take final exams earlier than the regular scheduled time in order to accommodate vacation, college visit, or athletic event travel plans. Please make travel arrangements accordingly. If there is an emergency, you must contact the Assistant Principal for Learning Services before the scheduled start time of the exam. Any absences on exam days for any reason must be approved by the Assistant Principal of Learning Services before the scheduled start time of the exam: email@example.com
What if I am sick during final exams? Students who are absent for any reason during exam week will need to schedule a makeup exam. Spring final exam make-ups will be scheduled the first two weeks in June. Please contact NDP Attendance: firstname.lastname@example.org and Tracey Heisler, Assistant Principal for Learning Services: email@example.com to schedule a make-up final exam.
Where will I take my exam? Seniors exams take place in the gym. A full schedule of 9-11 grade exam locations and proctors will be posted on Canvas and around campus.
When will I receive my final exam results and final semester grades? Teachers will post SPRING final exam results on Canvas by May 18th (for seniors) and by May 26 (for 9-11 graders). In order to reduce stress for students who are studying, exam results will not be available on Canvas until after the third day of final exams is completed. Semester transcripts will be released on Friday, June 9th,
Click here for printable version of this information.