Spring 2021 Final Exam Schedule and Information
Final Exam Policies - Spring 2021:
- Students (grades 9-12) who are earning at least a B- (79.5% or higher) will not be required to take the final exam in their core classes (Math, English, Science, Social Studies, Theology, World Language). Students who choose to take the exam will have the exam weighted at 20% of their overall semester grade.
- Students (grades 9-12) who are earning lower than a B- (79.4% or lower) will be required to take the final exam in their core classes (Math, English, Science, Social Studies, Theology, World Language). All final exams are weighted at 20% of the overall semester grade.
- Students who are earning a 92.5% or higher in a core class will be exempt from the final exam and will not be permitted to take the exam, as these students have already earned an A, and this will allow for greater social distancing in testing rooms.
- Grade checks to determine eligibility for exemption from final exams will be May 4 for Seniors and May 14 for 9-11 graders. This exemption only applies to core classes.
- AP and DE classes may require a final exam regardless of student grades. See your instructor for more information about your specific course.
Final projects and/or final exams are required for all students in elective classes regardless of grades.
Please refer to the Student/ Parent Handbook page on Academic Dishonesty
Plan ahead. Review exactly what will be on each exam, what the expectations are, and how much time you will have. Attend all review sessions and reach out to your teacher for one-on-one help if you need it.
Set up your study space. Make sure you have a quiet spot away from distractions and that you have notes, study guides and other materials ready.
Space out your studying throughout the week so that you are not cramming the night before each test.
Get a good night’s sleep, set your alarm early enough so that you can eat some breakfast, & pack up your materials - including #2 pencils and your calculator--- if you need it!
Relax. This is a chance to show what you know and improve your grade by showing how you have grown. Your teachers love you and are praying for your success! Do your best and let God handle the rest. 💗