Our Complete Program of Studies
College Courses and Dual Credit Students earn college credit through the dual enrollment program with Scottsdale Community College (SCC) or University of Arizona (U of A).
Dual Credit Courses Offered at NDP Dual Enrollment (DE) courses are college level courses offered on campus at NDP. You can begin taking DE courses freshman year. For an additional fee, you can receive college credit for these courses and begin your college GPA while in high school. This saves time and money by getting those college credits completed early.
Not every college will accept Dual Enrollment transfer credits. All Arizona state universities do, and a good resource is www.aztransfer.com. For out of state universities/colleges, check their individual transfer credit policies to know if the DE credit will transfer.
Here is a list of Dual Enrollment classes NDP is currently offering through Scottsdale Community College unless otherwise specified:
- Pre-Calculus Honors**
- Calculus Honors**
- U.S. History Honors**
- English 3 Honors**
- English 4 Honors**
- French 3 Honors**
- French 4 Honors**
- Guitar Orchestra
- Engineering and Design (University of Arizona)
- Ethics, Economy, and Entrepreneurship Honors** (University of Arizona)
- Rock Music and Culture
- Music Theory
**All DE courses are considered regular level classes and do not add weight to your GPA except the honors classes listed above.
Note: Students who are taking Dual Enrollment classes through the University of Arizona will be registered through their Introduction to Engineering and Design or Economics teacher.
To register for Dual Enrollment classes through Scottsdale Community College, please be aware of the registration steps:
Step 1 – Apply for Admission
The admissions application must be completed by February 3, 2023.
- Create a student account.
- Select Scottsdale Community College.
- When you finish your application, you will receive:
- MEID (User ID) and Password: (Ex: ABC1234567)
- Student ID Number: (Ex: 33333333)
- Maricopa Email: Your MEID@maricopa.edu email (Ex: ABC1234567@maricopa.edu). We recommend forwarding your email to your personal email account.
Step 2 – Dual Enrollment Next Steps Form
The Dual Enrollment Next Steps Form must be completed by February 3, 2023.
After completing Step 1, students will need to complete the Next Steps Form.
- Select Scottsdale Community College as your primary college.
- Determine College Readiness and Course Placement: Students must meet course prerequisites, and provide proof or documentation, or you will not be able to self-register for classes.
- 11th - 12th Grade – Unweighted GPA of 2.6 with an unofficial HS transcript. Other assessment may be needed for courses with prerequisites.
- 10th Grade – College readiness & placement through ACT (score of ≥ 22), SAT (score of ≥ 480), or EdReady Reading assessment (score of ≥75). Other assessment may be needed for courses with prerequisites.
- 9th Grade – Courses with no prerequisites EdReady Reading assessment (score of >75). Courses with prerequisites EdReady English or Math assessment (score of >80).
Step 3 – Register for Classes
Self-registration is due by February 12, 2023.
You'll receive an email to your Maricopa email address on how to add classes once your information has been verified. Please allow 5-7 business days (Monday-Friday) to verify the Dual Enrollment Next Steps Form.
- Log in to your Student Center using your MEID@maricopa.edu (Example: ABC1234567@maricopa.edu) and your password.
- Click the Manage Classes tile.
- Select Class Search and Enroll on the left-hand side.
- Select Scottsdale Community College and the term you want to register for classes.
- Review your high school course offerings.
- Paste or type the five-digit Class Number for the class you want to add into the Search For Classes field. Then use the enter key or click the arrow button to the right.
- Verify the class is the one you want. Click the blue hyperlink to see details, for example, time and location, prerequisites, and more. If everything looks correct, click anywhere on the class row or the arrow on the far right.
- The Class Selected Enroll or Add to Shopping Cart (if class registration for the term has not begun yet), and click Submit.
- Repeat the process to add additional classes.
Step 4 – Pay Tuition and Fees
Tuition is due by February 27, 2023.
To pay Online:
- You can pay tuition, or sign up for the payment plan in your Student Center.
- Click the Financial Account tile.
- Click Select View Payment Options.
To pay by phone contact Student Business Services at (480) 423-6148.
Tuition assistance is available from the Maricopa Tuition Assistance Grant for those who qualify. You can apply for the Dual Enrollment Grant to help with tuition costs. Application deadline is due February 3, 2023. Late applications are considered on a case by case basis. Please contact the office to discuss (480) 423-6450.