At NDP, we integrate technology into the curriculum so that students master learning objectives. Our school has a 1:1 computing program to enhance opportunities for learning. This program is designed to increase students' critical thinking and technical skills to be competitive in the 21st century.
The 1:1 computing program was launched at NDP at the start of the 2013-2014 school year with the freshman class. The use of this technology expands each year as iPads and e-textbooks are used by incoming freshmen. Upper classmen still use traditional textbooks, but are allowed to bring their own personal learning devices.
1:1 Program Summary
- Technology assists students to embrace and become active learners within the educational realm.
- Technology is used as a tool and resource for educational purposes.
- Technology does not replace other skills involved in the educational process:
Notre Dame Preparatory:
- teaches students to utilize technology in a respectful and responsible manner
- incorporates technology within the classroom to enhance learning
- utilizes technology for a variety of skills
- introduces technology to explore the various uses in an academic setting
By using these existing methods, NDP has prepared faculty and staff members to continue to use and explore appropriate technologies to create an advanced student learning environment with meaningful and current content.